- We meet and depart from the RagApple Lassie Winery, which is west of Winston-Salem, in the Yadkin Valley.
- The flights are early in the morning or in the late afternoon when the winds are the lightest.
- You should wear sturdy shoes and long pants because we will be landing in fields.
- We encourage taking photographs, so don't forget your camera.
- We fly for approximately 1 hour and the whole process can take up to 3 hours.
- Wherever we land, we pack up the balloon and go back to the winery for a post-flight celebration.
- Reservations are required, so please contact us.
- See FAQs below for more information.
The fabric part is made of nylon or polyester and the basket is woven of wicker.
All hot air balloons use propane in America. (In some countries, butane is used)
We fly early in the morning, just after sun rise and late in the day a few hours before sunset when the winds are light.
We can fly any time of the year as long as the weather conditions allow.
The flight will be approximately one hour. The whole experience of inflation, the flight, packing up, and a post flight celebration takes about three hours.
The early mornings are typically cool and you will need a sweater or light jacket. You should also wear comfortable loose clothing in layers with sturdy light hiking boots or running shoes.
Tony and Claire Colburn are commercially rated hot air balloon pilots with hundreds of hours, certified by the Federal Aviation Administration.
If you are in good health, you can learn to fly a hot air balloon. Tony and Claire Colburn are Certified Flight Instructors and can teach you using their balloon or yours.